This popular flexographic overprint varnish offers high gloss and optimal resistance properties. It can be formulated for a matte effect as well. UV coatings can be used on a wide variety of substrates including paper, paperboard, foil and plastics. This product is not recommended for use on food packaging for direct food contact.
- Gloss – The improvement is gloss is tremendous. The UV coating can achieve a deep almost lamination look that will enhance the colors and the prestige of the package.
- Matte – Our UV overprint is also available in a matte finish!
- Rub Resistance – Since UV coatings are 100% solids formulations the inherent rub resistance is typically much greater than water-based coatings.
- Chemical Resistance – Since UV coatings are crosslinked the chemical resistance properties are far superior to all but a few specialized water-based coatings.
- Production Efficiency – Since UV coatings do not resolubilize the water-based inks much better production efficiencies can be realized.
Applications great for the UV Overprint:
- Corrugated packaging
- Corrugated displays
- Folding cartons
- Food packaging
- Paper bags
- Wrapping paper
- Narrow web using paper-based substrate
- Wide-web using paper-based substrate